It’s been a while since I last updated this. I was using this to make time go by while Zach was gone and to document my weight loss. The truth is I haven’t lost or gained any weight since March. I’m really happy with that. I can always lose the weight but maintaining is always the challenge. I’d like to lose 20 more lbs but that’s not on the top of my priorities right now.
We moved down to Virginia about two months ago. It was just Lucy and me for a little while until Zach came home on August 11th. I love our apartment. It’s SO much bigger than our last one. This one is 1100 sq ft where the other one was only 650 sq ft. It is also about a hundred dollars a month cheaper so that’s a plus. There is a playground here with a swing that Lucy loves.
The day Zach came home was hectic and amazing and so emotional. Lucy must have sensed something was going the day before because she didn’t go to bed until 11pm! I fell asleep around 2am and woke up at 4:30am. I got ready while Lucy slept until 7am. After she ate, I got her ready, and we headed out. I was so nervous about missing the ship pull in but we got there about 30 minutes beforehand. I definitely cried when I saw the ship. For some reason I was really nervous at the same time. Who knows? So after his ship came in and everything was all set up it was time for everyone to get off. I was wondering how long it would take us to find Zach. It took about two minutes because we spotted him while he was on the ship waiting to get off. About this time Lucy decided it was time for her to get really wiggly and hungry. Zach got off the ship, came over to us, and gave us a huge hug and kiss. He took Lucy and within about two minutes she was hysterical. I couldn’t even get her to stop. So we got her home and fed and down for a nap. When she woke up she was in such a good mood. She LOVES having her daddy home. Seeing those two together makes my heart melt.
Lucy is a mad woman. I really don’t know how else to describe her. She claps like crazy, stands on her own, cruises along the furniture, gets into everything, whenever someone says, “hello” to her she puts her hands up to her ear like she’s on the phone but when you say “hi” or “bye” she will wave, she climbs, is starting to venture away from baby food, loves bubbles and will occasionally say “bubbo”, and still LOVES Mickey Mouse and Small Potatoes. I can’t believe her birthday is next month. At her 9 month appointment she was 18lbs 8oz and 29 inches long putting her in the 50th percentile for weight and 90th for height! She also has six teeth. She’s so much fun. I love spending all of my time with her. Zach and me really are so lucky.
So, that’s what’s going on in our lives. Next update will probably be after her birthday party!
ps I don’t have time to proof read this because Lucy is hungry RIGHT now!
June 6th 1944: D-Day
On this day in 1944, the D-Day landings begin on the beaches of Normandy as part of the Allied ‘Operation Overlord’; this was the largest amphibious military operation in history. 155,000 Allied troops landed in France and quickly broke through the Atlantic Wall and pushed inland. In charge of the operation was General Dwight Eisenhower and leading the ground forces was General Bernard Montgomery. It was a decisive Allied victory and a key moment in the Second World War as the Allies gained some ground on the continent following the fall of France to the Nazis in 1940.
“You are about to embark upon the great crusade, toward which we have striven these many months.”
- Eisenhower’s message to the Allied Expeditionary Force
1. As of today there are only 45 days until Lucy and myself move back down to Virginia. I’m so excited.
2. I haven’t gained or lost any weight since the mini vacation. I’m pretty stoked. For the first time I am comfortable with where I am.
3. My baby is crawling. She is getting so big. I cannot believe she is seven months old already!!
4. I’m still missing my husband more than ever. I can’t believe it has been five months since he left. I can’t say when he is coming home, but I can assure you that the half way point has already happened.
5. Ugh, I hate to do this. On the negative side. I’m an adult making adult decisions. I do not need anyone to tell me what to do, who I can talk to and who I can be friends with, and how to live my life. SO sick of double standards.
Alright, that’s it with the negativity :)!
6. I’m loving this weather. I’m excited for hiking, camping, and just being able to spend the day outdoors.
7. I am SO excited for our new apartment. It is almost double the size of our last one. It also has a den which has been dubbed the MAN CAVE! The kitchen is it’s own little room and I have an area for a table. It is also only 10 minutes from the ocean, across the street from a hospital, and next to an elementary school. I cannot wait to decorate!!
8. On top of how awesome our apartment is, RIGHT around the corner is a Michael’s and a Total Wine. How perfect is THAT?
9. I don’t really know what to say to make this list go up to 10…
10. Done :)!
So, the calculator from Weight Watchers has been messed up. One part of the page tells me how much I lost that is correct and the other part is wrong. So, I fixed everything and now these results make more sense!
Weight loss the week of April 29th, 2012 - May 05th, 2012 : 2.0 lbs
Total weight loss: 44lbs!!
Only 19.6 lbs away from my goal weight :)!